Open Forum | Forum/Malay | Forum/Achenese

Community Bulletins | Search | Next | Previous

Raw News

Opinions

News & Letters

List of Incidents

Info on Refugee

Civil Movements

Arts&Humanities

Quotable Quotes

Photo Gallery

Video Gallery

Scholarships

WordWealth

History

Timeline

WorldWide Media

Support Programs

Malay Edition

Note: The painting of Ambassador Andrew Young. The painting is now hung at the main lobby of Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University, Atlanta

KTP (identity card)

From: Malaysian student
Category: Acheh Tsunami
Date: 01/03/05

Comments

SMS message from a Malaysian student who joins a group of Achehnese friends from the International Islamic University, Kuala Lumpur, now traveling by bus from Medan to Lhok Seumawe (copied as is):

"During journey, 3 roadblocks. At first TNI asked from lady not having ktp (identity card), Rp. 250 000. She gave 100 000. They ignored me.

Translated from an SMS from a GAM guerilla:

TNI battalion 144 based at Lueng Putu, Bandar Baru, Pidie, using Mortar Split 80 mm & Rockets 105 bombarded our position for 2 consecutive days, while Battalion 515 based at Tiro, Pidie taking food supplies from local villagers.End of report.

AT FrontPage | Quotable Quotes | Scholarships | WorldWide media | Malay Edition | Achenese Edition  | WordWealth | Community

Archive | AT Inc. & Disclaimer | Testimonials | Write Us

Copyright 1999 - 2005 The Acheh Times, powered by Hivelocity.